July 13, 2018: Completed Abstracts Received
July 17, 2018: Notification of Acceptance of Abstract
August 18, 2018: Submission of Full Paper
1. Beyond Nigeria’s JV Fiscal Policy Change – A Long Term Approach to Funding the Petroleum Industry
2. Gas Monetization Projects – An Alternative to Generating Revenue for Nigeria
3. Oil Price Prediction – Ten-Year Price Forecast Modeling
4. Strategies for Production Cost Savings – Reducing Development Drilling and Work-over cost in the current business climate
5. Developing Human Resources for Effective Leadership in Exploration and Production
6. Enhancing Exploration activities in the Current Global Outlook – New Plays, New Approach
1. Short Courses
2. All Convention Luncheon
3. Pre-Conference Workshop
2. We strongly recommend that all abstracts be submitted as MS word document.
4. Abstracts should cover the objectives, procedures/methodology, results and conclusions of the research to be presented and should be no more than 2,500 characters (250 words), including spaces and punctuations. The title, authors, and authors’ affiliations are not included in the character limit. Figures and references are not allowed in the abstract.
5. Titles should be brief. All authors must indicate their affiliations, e-mail and phone numbers for easy communication.
6. The body of the abstract should contain a description of the proposed paper and results/conclusions. No illustrations, references, abbreviations, acknowledgements or itemized points are permitted in the abstracts. Abstracts must be relevant to the conference theme as well as the most applicable technical sub-theme.
7. Evaluation and ranking of abstracts are based on relevance and timeliness of subject matter; usefulness of contribution to the advancement of knowledge, techniques or practice; and overall clarity, organization and presentation of ideas.
8. Student submissions are encouraged to all sessions.
9. Authors are invited to have their work, both oral and poster presentations, published in the NAPE Bulletin to preserve their work for future reference. Bulletin publication requires the submission of the full paper with references included.
10. Only presentations that have accompanying full papers submitted before the full paper submission deadline will qualify for consideration for best paper award
12. The acceptance of your abstract by the 2018 NAPE Technical Program sub-committee is based on the quality of your submitted abstract and whether the abstract fits with the theme of the conference, as well as space available in the Technical Program Schedule.